On Saturday, November 22, 2014, we filmed our first four episodes. It was so much fun! Our local high school student was awesome and the critiquing went well.
Of course, there are the rest of the details (sigh):
- Our group photo was terrible (we're so far apart; you'd think that none of us had showered in weeks). Not to mention, Julie arrived after we took the photo. And the edge of a closet door is in the picture. On the bright side, we were color-coordinated.
- We reviewed the videos and realized that the paintings in the background distracted from the video. No offense to the artists or anything (sorry).
- Zooming in and out on a regular basis was not the way to go.
- Using only one camera was not going to work (so much for making this easy).
- Half of us forgot to look at the camera when we spoke.
- Free editing software is either 1-impossible to use, 2-useless because it won't convert files to the appropriate file type, or 3-full of malware (thank you Avast antivirus software for saving my computer).
I started freaking out. Deep breath. We found a new room to try for the next shoot (no paintings). I'm heading for the local cable station tomorrow to learn how to edit videos. I filmed the "About Writer's Infusion" video this morning. And next time we will own those cameras!
This is going to work, baby!